Opinions of the State Council on Further Improving Employment Stability
Guofa 〔2019〕 No. 28
People's governments of provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities directly under the Central Government, ministries and commissions of the State Council, and agencies directly under the State Council:
Employment is the foundation of people's livelihood and the source of wealth. At present, China's employment situation remains generally stable, but risks at home and abroad have increased, and pressure to stabilize employment has increased. In order to do our best to stabilize employment, the following opinions are proposed.
I. General requirements
Guided by Xi Jinping's ideology of socialism with Chinese characteristics in the new era, fully implement the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the CPC and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Plenary Sessions of the 19th CPC National Congress, insist on placing employment stability in a more prominent position, strengthen bottom-line thinking, and secure employment Prioritize policies, improve the promotion mechanism that is conducive to fuller and higher quality employment, insist on creating more jobs and stabilizing existing jobs, highlight priorities, make overall plans, and implement precise measures, make every effort to prevent and resolve large-scale unemployment risks, and make every effort to ensure employment The situation is generally stable.
Second, support enterprises to stabilize positions
(1) Strengthening efforts to stabilize enterprises. The policy of gradually reducing the unemployment insurance premium rate and work injury insurance premium rate will be extended to April 30, 2021. The insured enterprises face temporary production and operation difficulties and are expected to recover. They insist on the unemployment insurance return policy of non-layoffs or fewer layoffs, as well as subsidy policies for on-the-job training for employees in troubled enterprises. The implementation period is extended to December 31, 2020.
(2) Strengthen financial support for enterprises. The policy of inclusive finance reduction was implemented, and the released funds focused on supporting private enterprises and small and micro enterprises to raise funds. Encourage banks to improve the performance evaluation and incentive mechanism for financial services private enterprises and small and micro enterprises, and increase medium and long-term loans and credit loans for small, medium and micro enterprises in the manufacturing industry. Reward and supplement the places with strong policy guidance such as expanding the scale of small and micro enterprises 'financing guarantee business and reducing the small and micro enterprises' financing guarantee fees. Bring into play the coordinating role of leading groups of SMEs at all levels of government to support the development of SMEs and increase employment. Give play to the role of financial supervisory agencies at all levels and encourage banks to formulate special credit plans for key enterprises. Enterprises that meet temporary difficulties but meet credit requirements must not blindly draw down loans or break loans.
(3) Guide enterprises to explore the domestic market. Improve inter-provincial information communication, revenue sharing and other mechanisms, encourage various industrial parks in the central and western regions and the northeastern region to strengthen the docking with eastern industrial transfer regions, and keep a list of companies with a willingness to transfer in a timely manner. Promote long-term lease of industrial land, lease before lease, combination of lease and lease, and flexible term supply methods to reduce the cost of logistics and power consumption. Areas with conditions can increase the construction of standard factories and provide rental concessions to promote cross-border manufacturing. Orderly transfer of regions. Establish an inter-departmental comprehensive service platform, strengthen enterprise production and sales integration, focus on supporting relevant enterprises to connect with major domestic e-commerce platforms and major industries and regions, and major procurement projects, and support enterprises to expand sales channels in the domestic market.
(4) Regulating enterprise layoffs. Support enterprises to negotiate collectively with employees, adopt measures such as negotiating salary, adjusting working hours, rotating shifts, on-the-job training, and other measures to preserve labor relations. For enterprises that intend to make economic layoffs, guide them to formulate and implement employee resettlement programs in accordance with laws and regulations, explain the relevant situation to the union or all employees 30 days in advance, pay economic compensation in accordance with laws and regulations, repay arrears of employees' wages, and pay arrears social Security fee.
Developing more jobs
(5) Excavation of domestic demand drives employment. We will implement pilot projects for the development of community life services, carry out pilot work on the “leaders” action in improving and expanding the quality of domestic service services, and further promote domestic service training and promotion activities and special credit-building activities in the field of domestic service. Strengthen the construction of tourism public facilities, promote the construction of regional medical centers, and carry out special actions to support social forces in the development of inclusive education services. Support the development of the elderly service industry, and support the elderly service agencies to provide services to key groups through government purchase of services and other methods. Encourage the renewed consumption of automobiles, home appliances, and consumer electronics, vigorously and orderly promote the retirement and renewal of old cars, and encourage cities that restrict purchases to optimize management measures for purchase restrictions on motor vehicles. Foster the domestic service outsourcing market and support administrative institutions and state-owned enterprises in purchasing professional services.
(6) Increase investment to create jobs. Reasonably expand effective investment, appropriately reduce the capital ratio of some infrastructure and other projects, speed up the issuance and use of local government special bonds, and ensure accurate investment in key short-term projects. We will implement projects such as urban old quarter renovation, shantytown renovation, and rural dilapidated house reconstruction, support the construction of urban parking facilities, and accelerate the construction of a national logistics hub network. In-depth implementation of a new round of major technological transformation and upgrading projects.
(7) Stabilizing foreign trade and expanding employment. Study to further reduce import tariffs and institutional costs in a timely manner, expand the coverage of export credit insurance, and rationally reduce premiums to ensure that the average time for reviewing and processing normal tax refunds is within 10 working days. Give play to the role of industry associations, chambers of commerce, and intermediary agencies, guide enterprises to strengthen their bargaining power, and encourage the provision of public welfare legal services. Establish an international marketing service system, speed up the construction of a comprehensive cross-border e-commerce pilot zone, and expand and strengthen comprehensive foreign trade service enterprises.
(8) Cultivate and expand new kinetic energy and expand employment space. Accelerate the pace of 5G commercial development, further promote the development of strategic emerging industry cluster development projects, and strengthen infrastructure investment and industrial layout in areas such as artificial intelligence and industrial Internet. Support science and technology enterprises to carry out joint technological research, improve the support policy for the demonstration application of the first (set) major technical equipment, and support technology enterprises to invest overseas. Accelerate the implementation of the guidance to promote the healthy development of the platform economy and promote the rapid development of new industries and new business models.
4. Promote multi-channel employment and entrepreneurship for workers
(9) Encourage enterprises to absorb employment. The requirements for small and micro enterprise entrepreneurship guarantee loans were lowered. The proportion of newly recruited eligible employees in the current year was reduced to 20%, and the proportion of more than 100 employees was reduced to 10%. If an enterprise recruits employees who have been registered for unemployment for more than half a year and signed a labor contract for more than one year and pays social insurance in accordance with regulations, areas with conditions may be granted a one-time employment subsidy. The implementation period is from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020. .
(10) Encourage entrepreneurship to drive employment. We will continue to promote simplified administration and decentralization, the combination of decentralization and management, and optimization of service reforms to further optimize the business environment and encourage and support more workers to start and innovate. Strengthen the implementation of the business guarantee loan policy, and establish a credit-free village, credit park, and business-incubation demonstration carrier to recommend a guarantee-free mechanism. Implement the "Double Innovation" support platform project to guide high-quality incubation carriers such as the "Double Innovation" demonstration base and specialized crowdfunding space to undertake relevant public service affairs. Encourage support for returnees to start a business, and the annual increase in construction land plan indicators will give priority to guaranteeing returnees' business start-up land below the county level, supporting the construction of a group of migrant workers returning home business parks, rural innovation and entrepreneurship, and returning home business incubation training bases to build a number of counties Rural e-commerce service centers, logistics distribution centers and township transportation service stations. We will implement actions to improve the ability to return home to start a business, and strengthen the training and cultivation of key people who return home to start a business, leaders in poverty-stricken villages to become rich, and talents in rural e-commerce. For those migrant workers who return to their hometown for the first time to start a business and have been operating normally for more than one year, a one-time start-up subsidy may be given to areas with conditions.
(11) Support flexible employment and new employment forms. Support laborers to achieve employment through flexible and diverse forms such as temporary, part-time, seasonal, and flexible work. Research and improve policies and measures to support flexible employment, clarify measures for flexible employment, new employment, labor employment, employment services, and rights protection methods, start pilots for occupational injury protection for new employment personnel, and step up efforts to clear and eliminate regulations that unreasonably restrict flexible employment. For those with employment difficulties who have not yet achieved stable employment after the expiration of the flexible employment social insurance subsidy policy, the policy enjoyment period can be extended by one year, and the implementation period is from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
(12) Strengthening underemployment placement. We will increase employment assistance for those who are in difficulty in employment, and encourage the expansion of public welfare posts around the shortcomings of people's livelihood. For those who have failed to achieve stable employment after the expiration of the policy on engaging in public welfare posts, the policy enjoyment period can be extended by one year, and the implementation period is from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020. In the construction of small and medium-sized rural infrastructures and the reconstruction of dilapidated houses in rural areas, the implementation of “replacement by work” will be implemented, and the poor people will be organized to participate in the project construction.
(13) Stabilizing youth employment such as college graduates. Continue to organize and implement grassroots service projects such as the rural teacher special job plan and the "three support and one support" plan. Publicly recruit a group of rural teachers, doctors and social workers to enrich the grassroots service force. Enlarge the enlistment of fresh college graduates. Expand the scale of employment apprenticeships, appropriately raise subsidy standards, and support enterprises to develop more apprenticeship positions.
V. Large-scale vocational skills training
(14) Vigorously promote vocational skills upgrading actions. Implement and improve policies and measures for vocational skills promotion, and provide vocational training subsidies and living expenses subsidies in accordance with regulations. Carry out precise training for different objects, comprehensively carry out enterprise employee skills upgrading training or job transfer training, organize unemployed people to participate in skills training or entrepreneurship training, and implement migrant workers, college graduates, retired soldiers, poor people who set up files, disabled people, etc. Special training plan for key groups. Support vocational colleges (including technical colleges) to actively undertake corresponding training tasks.
(15) Expand the scale of training of skilled personnel. Promote the implementation of policy adjustments for vocational colleges and scholarships, expand the coverage of vocational colleges and scholarships, increase subsidy standards, and establish national vocational education national scholarships. Promote technical colleges and technical schools of various places to be included in the unified vocational education enrollment platform. Organize junior and high school graduates who have not continued their studies in urban and rural areas, and registered unemployed persons under the age of 20 who are willing to participate in the labor reserve training, provide training subsidies according to regulations, and provide living allowances to rural students and members of families with difficulties. From January 1st to December 31st.
(16) Strengthen basic vocational training capacity building. Start the national production-education integration pilot, and strengthen the construction of public training bases and production-education integration training bases. Support all kinds of enterprises and vocational colleges (including technical colleges) to jointly build employee training centers, corporate universities, and continuing education bases, and encourage the joint construction and sharing of training resources such as equipment and facilities, teaching teachers, and course materials. Implement a new career development plan, increase the development of vocational skills standards and vocational training packages, and establish a system for the compilation and release of urgently needed career directories.
6. Practical employment and entrepreneurship services
(17) Promote full coverage of employment services. Urban and rural workers who are within working age, have working ability, have employment requirements, and are unemployed can register for unemployment at the place of habitual residence and apply for basic public employment services. Improve the employment information monitoring system, open the online unemployment registration entrance, and realize the sharing of basic information, job search willingness and employment services of unemployed people across regions. Strengthen the follow-up response to employment impacts of major projects, major projects, and special governance. For enterprises that are shut down and transferred, the competent department should provide the enterprise information to the local human resources and social security department in a timely manner; for those that may cause large-scale unemployment, they must be synchronized. Develop response measures.
(18) Strengthen the collection and provision of post information. Job information generated by government investment projects and public welfare job information developed in various aspects are publicly posted on the unit's website and the human resources and social security department's website at the same level. We will improve the public information platform for job postings. Public employment personnel service agencies at or above the municipal level shall post job information online by the end of March 2020, and collect them at the provincial and national levels to accelerate the public and regional release of job agency information.
(19) Strengthen normalized management services. Implement a capacity-building plan for the management of public employment services at the grassroots level, establish a regular contact and classification service system for registered unemployed persons, conduct a follow-up survey at least once a month, regularly provide job introductions, career guidance, entrepreneurship services, and promote employment and entrepreneurship policies and vocational training Project to provide employment assistance to those in need of employment. Strengthen the tracking services of key enterprises, and provide services and guidance such as employment guidance, policy consulting, and labor relations coordination. Where public employment personnel service agencies, operating human resource service agencies, and industry associations provide the above services, areas with conditions can grant employment and entrepreneurship service subsidies to them based on the number of people served, effectiveness and cost.
Seven, do a good job in basic living security
(20) Give better play to the role of unemployment insurance. Those who meet the conditions for receiving unemployment insurance benefits shall be paid timely. For those who have not been employed at the end of the unemployment insurance period and are less than one year away from the legal retirement age, they can continue to pay unemployment insurance up to the legal retirement age. In areas where there is a gap in the distribution of unemployment insurance, support will be provided through unemployment insurance adjustments and local financial subsidies.
(Twenty-one) Do a good job in providing security for people in need. Temporary living allowances will be issued to laid-off and unemployed people who meet the conditions of living difficulties. Unemployed persons and families with difficulties in living shall be included in the scope of social assistance such as minimum living security and temporary assistance in accordance with regulations. For those who have achieved the minimum living standard, they can increase their employment willingness and employment stability through measures such as “gradual retirement of the minimum living standard”.
Strengthening organizational security
(22) Improve the coordination mechanism of work organization. Local governments at or above the county level must earnestly fulfill the responsibility of stabilizing the subject of employment, establish a working organization and leadership mechanism led by government officials and jointly participate in relevant departments, clarify target tasks, job responsibilities, and supervise the implementation mechanism, and co-ordinate the leadership and promotion of stable employment in the region. Large-scale unemployment risks should be dealt with and the responsibility for promoting employment should be consolidated.
(23) Improve the guarantee mechanism for capital investment. Actively invest in employment subsidy funds, make good use of unemployment insurance funds, and special compensation funds for industrial enterprise structure adjustments, etc., to stabilize employment, encourage employment and entrepreneurship, and ensure basic living and other employment expenditures. Where conditions permit, employment risk reserves can be established to deal with sudden and large-scale unemployment risks.
(24) Improve the employment situation monitoring mechanism. We will continue to focus on routine employment statistics, improve the quality and timeliness of data, and conduct multi-dimensional monitoring of employment in key regions, groups, industries, and enterprises. Strengthen the comparison and analysis of big data such as mobile communications, railway transportation, social security payment, recruitment and job application, and improve the employment situation research and judgment mechanism involving multiple parties.
(25) Improve the emergency handling mechanism. All regions should deal with mass emergencies caused by large-scale unemployment as soon as possible to prevent the intensification of conflicts and the expansion of events. During the disposal process, the local government can formulate temporary response measures according to law and regulations according to the needs and possibilities, and coordinate the employment needs of different groups.
(26) Improve the mechanism of publicity and propaganda. Vigorously publicize the Party Central Committee and the State Council's employment decision-making and support policies and measures to support employment and entrepreneurship, guide the majority of workers to establish a correct outlook on labor and values, select a group of typical experience and typical characters to promote employment and entrepreneurship, and find a group of people in the Midwest The advanced models of employment and entrepreneurship at the grassroots level in the Northeast, hard and remote areas, and urban and rural areas should be commended and encouraged in a timely manner. Firmly grasp the initiative of information release and public opinion guidance, do a good job of public opinion monitoring and judgment, establish a major public opinion communication coordination and emergency response mechanism, eliminate misinformation and misunderstanding, and stabilize social expectations.
December 13, 2019
(This is publicly released)